Number of Awards: 1/year - up to 3 maximum awards/year
The goal of the AADR Presidential Citation is to acknowledge an AADR member or members (up to 3/year), including individual members, Corporate and Institutional Section members, who by the assessment of the AADR President, have made significant contributions to the Association over a period of time, shown dedication to the Association; and have helped to further the mission of the AADR through their service and commitment.
The current AADR President recommends a member or members for the AADR Presidential Citation, which is to be considered distinct from the many awards and other honors that the AADR bestows annually.
- Be an AADR member for at least 5 years, (at the time of nomination).
- If an individual, have volunteered on an AADR Committee and/or served as an officer of an IADR Scientific Research Group or Network.
- Be nominated by the current AADR President.
Examples of contributions/dedication which could be considered for a nomination include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and partnership as Dean or officer of an AADR Institutional Section
- Consistent, long term corporate support of the AADR General Session and AADR Mission
- Represents AADR above and beyond volunteer service on a committee or IADR Scientific Research Group or Network
- Significant assistance with the organization of the AADR General Session
- Members/officers of the Board of Directors are ineligible for this award until five years after their last year serving on the Board.
- AADR/IADR Global Headquarters staff are not eligible to receive an AADR Presidential Citation.
- Past recipients of an AADR Presidential Citation.
The AADR President submits his/her nomination(s) to the AADR Chief Executive Officer by September 1st of their presidential year along with the following:
- Letter of Nomination (ideally one page, but no longer than two pages in length) indicating the reasons the nominee should be considered.
- Nominee Biosketch (no more than 5 pages) including years of AADR membership and service on AADR Committees or as an officer, per the eligibility requirements)
The September SOPC meeting (which does not include the AADR President), will review the nomination(s) and prepare to make recommendations(s) to the full AADR Board for the December Board meeting.
This is not a monetary award. A certificate will be presented at the AADR President’s Induction Ceremony held at the AADR Annual Session & Exhibition.