Deadline: December 1, 2017
Submit Your AADR Fellows Program Application
The AADR Fellows Program is designed to recognize leaders of AADR and individuals who have served AADR in various ways throughout their careers. Through this Program, AADR will strengthen its mission of supporting and representing the oral health research community, which supports the overall AADR mission.
The AADR Fellows Program is open to active AADR members.
Applicants who are accepted into the AADR Fellows Program will receive the following benefits upon induction:
- Recognition at AADR Annual Meeting Opening Ceremonies.
- Recognition in AADR Science Advocate, e-newsletter exclusive to AADR members.
- An AADR Fellows Program lapel pin.
- The opportunities to network with other Fellows at the Fellows lounge at the AADR Annual Meeting.
Expectations of the Fellows
Applicants who are accepted into the AADR Fellows Program should be active in many facets of AADR. Fellows may:
- Take part in the election of new Fellows.
- Serve as an ambassador of excellence in oral, craniofacial and dental research.
- Advise the AADR Board and/or AADR Council on matters when requested.
- Mentor other AADR members.
- Applicants must be an AADR member and must remain an AADR member to retain Fellow status.
- Must make outstanding contributions to AADR and oral, craniofacial and dental research.
- Must make outstanding achievements in AADR.
- Must submit two letters of nomination from IADR/AADR members stating why the applicant should be included in the AADR Fellows Program.
- Meeting the required point total (see the Fellows Program Points System). The suggested total number of points required to meet Fellow status is 50.
The letters of nomination in addition to the application are reviewed by the Fellows Review Committee and a limited number of Fellows are granted each year. Applicants are responsible for providing all data on years of service and contributions. Applicants that are not current members of the IADR/AADR will not be considered regardless of the number of points acquired in the past. Future year inductions will be voted on by a group of no fewer than 5 current Fellows.
Fellows Program Points System
||Points Per Year/activity
|Abstract Submission (presenter)
|Symposia, Hands-On Workshop, Lunch & Learning Presenter
|Editorial Board Service
|Elected/Appointed AADR Board of Directors
|Group Program Chair
|Annual Meeting/General Session Reviewer
|IADR or AADR Award & Fellowship Recipient
|Donation to AADR or IADR
|AADR Section Officer
|Publish in the Journal of Dental Research
|AADR Distinguished Scientist Award Recipient
|IADR Distinguished Scientist Award Recipient
Note: Meeting the point total does not constitute Fellow status.
John Bartlett – The Ohio State University
Nisha D'Silva – University of Michigan
Jeffrey Ebersole – University of Kentucky
Jack Ferracane – Oregon Health & Science University
Margherita Fontana – University of Michigan
Cara Gonzales – University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Carlos Gonzalez-Cabezas – University of Michigan
Sharon Grayden – University of Michigan
Effie Ioannidou – University of Connecticut
David Kohn – University of Michigan
Daniel McNeil – West Virginia University
Jacques Nör – University of Michigan
Rade Paravina – University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Peter Polverini – University of Michigan
Georgios Romanos – StonyBrook University
Frank Scannapieco – State University of New York
James Simmer – University of Michigan
Russell Taichman - University of Michigan
Yu Zhang – New York University
Kathryn Atchison – University of California, Los Angeles
Stephen Bayne – University of Michigan
O. Ross Beirne – University of Washington
John P. Brown – University of Texas HSC at San Antonio
William Bowen – University of Rochester
Ananda Dasanayake – New York University
Matthew Doyle – Procter & Gamble
Rena D'Souza – University of Utah
Christopher Fox – American and International Associations for Dental Research
Lawrence Gettleman – University of Louisville
Kaumudi Joshipura – University of Puerto Rico
Mel Kantor – University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire Institute for Health Science
Linda Kaste – University of Illinois at Chicago
Keith Kirkwood – Medical University of South Carolina
Mary MacDougall – University of Alabama at Birmingham
Sally Marshall – University of California, San Francisco
Grayson Marshall - University of California, San Francisco
John Mitchell – Midwestern University, Arizona
John Powers – Dental Consultants, Inc.
Alexandre Vieira – University of Pittsburgh
Mary Walker – University of Missouri-Kansas City
Jane Weintraub – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Timothy Wright - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Pamela Yelick – Tufts University