New Award: It is included on the abstract submission site for the 2019 IADR/AADR/CADR General Session Meeting.
To acknowledge excellence in Orthodontics Research conducted and presented by Orthodontics innovators at all levels at the IADR General Session & Exhibition.
- All applicants must be members of IADR
- All applicants must be members of the Orthodontics Research Group (ORG).
- Competition is open to Orthodontics innovators at all levels – faculty, post-doctoral fellows, graduate students, dental residents, and dental students.
- Applicants must adhere to the IADR process for abstract submissions.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Orthodontics Research area of study.
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less and have the following headings: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- The ORG Chair will confirm that the abstracts meet the award criteria.
- Abstracts must be accepted under the normal IADR scientific review.
- If any of the required criteria are not met, the entry will be disqualified.
How to Enter and Timeline
To submit your abstract for the INNOVATION Award, you must first submit your abstract to the IADR General Session & Exhibition (www.iadr.org) and select the INNOVATION Award for Excellence in Orthodontics Research option
All abstracts must be submitted by the deadline posted on the IADR General Session & Exhibition website.
Submitted abstracts follow the same timetable as all other submitted abstracts for the IADR General Session & Exhibition.
Winners will be selected among eligible applicants whose abstract has been accepted under the normal IADR scientific review.
The competition will be scheduled for the 1st or 2nd Day of the IADR meeting. All competitors must be present for the judging session.
10 abstracts from all entries (oral or poster) will be selected for the competition.
The abstract must present an advancement in Orthodontics.
For the competition, authors of the selected entries will present their work in poster format to 4 judges. (Please note that this presentation is in addition to the poster or oral presentation to be given at the IADR meeting.)
Each entrant will have 10 minutes to present their research plus 5 minutes for questions from the judges.
One winner will be selected from the 10 competitors.
The winner will receive a Certificate of Recognition and a choice of 1) a voucher for $900USD, which may be used by the winner to publish his or her award-winning research in INNOVATION, an open access, peer-reviewed, online journal published by CTOR Press. (Please note that winners’ manuscripts will be peer-reviewed; therefore, each manuscript must meet the publication standards for INNOVATION.)
The remaining 9 competitors will receive a Certificate of Excellence.
Cristina C Teixeira
Award sponsored by the Open Access Journal INNOVATION.