The IADR is inviting applications from young investigators who have submitted an abstract which has a dental materials component for a travel award to support their attendance at the IADR General Session. The objective of this award program is to encourage young investigators to undertake research in new/innovative testing methods of dental materials, and new ideas and approaches to improve and develop dental materials.
- Young investigators (up to five years post-graduation from dental, material science, specialty training, or pre-PhD) are eligible to apply for a travel award. (No persons having already obtained a PhD are eligible to apply.)
- Entrants must provide a verification letter of their educationalstatus.
- In addition, entrants can only receive an IADR KULZER Travel Award once.
- Applicants MUST be IADR members.
- To apply you must select the IADR KULZER Travel Award and fill out the eligibility requirements when submitting your abstract for the IADR General Session & Exhibition by the October 13, 2016, deadline.
- Applicants must also submit a separate and more detailed overview of their projects (2 pages, double-spaced).
- This overview must include brief details of their material and methods, the results of the research including details of statistical analysis, and a brief discussion including how the research will affect the field of dental materials.
The following documentation must accompany the nomination:
- Name, address, and date of birth of the candidate;
- Full curriculum vitae with lists of publications; and
- A short statement describing the reasons the individual is being nominated for the award.
In 2017, five (5) awards will be granted—one person from each of the following regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa/Middle East; and the Asia/Pacific Region. Please see IADR Website for countries included in Regions. The winner of each award will receive US $2,500 for expenses to attend the IADR General Session & Exhibition.
All abstracts submitted for the IADR General Session are subject to peer review within the scientific groups of the IADR. Once the abstracts which are the basis of an application for a travel award have been accepted for presentation, they will be grouped into the regional categories outlined above and subject to an adjudication process by the IADR KULZER Travel Award Committee.
The Award is supported by a generous donation from KULZER.
Sheri S. Herren, Strategic Programs Manager at email@example.com for more details