The mission of the Group is:
1. To promote and encourage research in the methods and techniques for the teaching and knowledge transfer of the art and science of Dentistry from teacher to student in the academic, hospital, clinic and related environments.
2. To encourage and facilitate the presentation, discussion and publication of the related scientific Education Research papers.
3. To provide a forum and organization where all aspects of the latest "academic, didactic and tutorial" technology is assessed.
4. To encourage an interdisciplinary approach to the investigation of Education and Education Research as it relates to Dentistry and the related Health Sciences.
5. To attract dental educators, scientists and clinicians to research in the field of dental education research via related seminars and discussions.
6. Where appropriate disseminate and apply the research findings to "education" of the lay public and responsible institutional and governmental bodies.