Global Oral Health Research Award
Supported by Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
The IADR DSA Global Oral Health Research Award honors Dr. John Greenspan, Professor and Associate Dean for Global Oral Health, Distinguished Professor of Pathology, School of Medicine Attending Pathologist, UCSF Medical Center. He is a Past-President of the AADR and IADR and founding President of the IADR Global Oral Health Inequalities Research Network [IADR-GOHIRN] and of the Consortium of Universities for Global Health’s Global Oral Health Interest Group [GOHIG].
The award recognizes scientists who have made outstanding significant scientific contribution; including, but not limited to:
- Research that addresses inequalities in global oral health;
- Research on social determinants of global oral health;
- Research on comparative health systems (two or more countries) in maintaining and improving oral health;
- Research that is common to all oral diseases, rather than focusing on one disease;
- Research that serves to reduce existing global oral health inequalities;
- Translational, transformational, and trans-disciplinary research on global oral health; and,
- Dissemination and implementation research targeted to global oral health.