IADR Toshio Nakao Fellowship
Supported by GC Corporation
Next Award: 2015
IADR and GC Corporation invite applications from new/young investigators for a sponsored Fellowship in dental materials science. It is intended that the Fellow will spend up to six months at a research facility outside his/her institution and/or country. The Fellowship is awarded every two years. It is intended that the Fellowship will rotate around different IADR Divisions/Sections and, therefore, no Division/Section may receive more than one Fellowship in any six-year period. Preference will be given to applicants from regions with less developed research programs in the field of materials science. The Fellowship is in memory of Toshio Nakao, former President of GC Corporation.
To allow a young investigator to obtain training and experience in dental materials science at a center of excellence.
The candidate must:
(1) hold a degree in dentistry or in a scientific discipline;
(2) be within five years of obtaining his/her dental or scientific degree on or at the Fellowship proposal deadline.
(3) be a member of IADR and actively engaged in research.
Research Topic: Dental Materials, Dental Biomaterials (Implant and Regeneration), science/application in biological and clinical settings.
Applications should be made individually and should include the following details (in English):
(1) Name, address, date of birth, current place of work, and position;
(2) IADR Division/Section membership;
(3) Full curriculum vitae with list and reprints of three relevant publications;
(4) References from two recognized scientists [one of whom should be from the principal (Dean/Chair) of the institution where the applicant is employed]; and
(5) An outline by the applicant of how his/her experience and interests qualify him/her as a candidate for the Fellowship (no more than 3 single spaced pages), including:
- detailed description of the subject areas to be covered in the training program,
- practical use to which the training acquired would be put,
- proposed duration and dates of the Fellowship,
- institutes and/or country it is proposed to visit,
- reasons for particular institutes(s),
- previous Fellowships/awards; and
- budget for program.
Please submit proposals electronically in one PDF package to Sheri S. Herren, Strategic Programs Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate is selected by the IADR Fellowships Committee and notified after final approval in December. The recipient is formally announced at the IADR General Session & Exhibition.
The Fellowship is funded by a generous donation from GC Corporation. The Fellow will receive funding for accommodation, subsistence, and travel (up to $15,000) following approval.
- The Fellowship can take place following the announcement of the successful Fellow.
- The Fellow will be responsible for organizing the Fellowship program.
- This will include contacting the institution where the training is to take place, confirming the institution's agreement to accepting the Fellow(s), and making all the necessary on-site arrangements.
- A statement will be obtained from responsible individual(s) at the host institution that they are willing to accept the Fellow and willing to bear any research or laboratory costs involved.
- The Fellow will confirm these arrangements with the IADR Global Headquarters prior to receiving any funding.
- On completion of the training program, the Fellow will provide a report to his/her IADR Division/Section and the IADR Board of Directors.
Sheri S. Herren, Strategic Programs Manager - email@example.com
Fourth Military Medical University, Shaanxi, P.R. China
University of Belgrade, Serbia
State University of Amazon, Brazil