IADR Sigmund S. Socransky Young Investigator Award
(Formerly the Anthony A. Rizzo Young Investigator Award)
Deadline: December 31, 2016
The Periodontal Research group of the IADR makes an annual award in recognition of Dr. Sigmund S. Socransky's contributions to periodontal research. The award recognizes promising, young investigators in the field of periodontology who are in an early phase of their academic/research career.
• Be members of the Periodontal Research Group under 40 years of age.
• Not hold a full professorship or chairmanship.
• Have contributed significantly to periodontal biological and/or clinical research.
Past winners (including Anthony Rizzo Award winners) are not eligible for the competition again, but unsuccessful candidates can be re-nominated. Nominations can be made by any member of the Periodontal Research Group.
Nomination packages must be submitted by December 31 of each year and must include:
• A recommendation/ nomination letter which confirms the above listed eligibility criteria.
• The candidate's Curriculum Vitae together with his/her 5 best publications.
Please submit nomination packages electronically (pdf files) to:
Panos N. Papapanou, DDS, PhD
Professor of Dental Medicine
Chair, Section of Oral and Diagnostic Sciences
Director, Division of Periodontics
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Sigmund S. Socransky Award