IADR Sigmund S. Socransky Young Investigator Award
(Formerly the Anthony A. Rizzo Young Investigator Award)
The Periodontal Research group of the IADR makes an annual award in recognition of the contribution to Periodontal Research by Dr. Sigmund S. Socransky. The award recognizes promising, young investigators in the field of periodontology who are in an early phase of their academic/research career.
• Be members of the Periodontal Research Group under 40 years of age.
• Not hold a full professorship or chairmanship.
• Have contributed significantly to periodontal biological and/or clinical research.
• Past winners are not eligible for the competition again, but unsuccessful candidates can be re-nominated.
Nominations for this award can be made by any member of the Periodontal Research Group.
Nomination packages must be submitted by December 31 of each year and must include:
• A recommendation/ nomination letter which confirms the above listed eligibility criteria.
• The candidate's Curriculum Vitae together with his/her 5 best publications.
Please submit nomination packages electronically (pdf files) to:
Dr. Panos N. Papapanou
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Division of Periodontics, Section of Oral and Diagnostic Sciences
630 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Sigmund S. Socransky Award