2017 IADR/AADR/CADR General Session & Exhibition, San Francisco, California, USA.
Note: all submission (abstracts/session proposals) deadlines have passed.
- Oral Presenter Guidelines
- Poster Presenter Guidelines
- Abstract notification emails were sent to PRESENTING AUTHORS ONLY on December 12, 2016. Please allow 24 hours for email notification delivery. Presentation date and time was included in all acceptance letters. If you are a PRESENTER and did not receive your notification, please log into your ScholarOne Abstracts account to access to Message Center. To view your notification please click on the Messages link in the upper right corner and select Emails.
- Abstract Withdraw/Presenter Change Request Form - please submit the form to request a presenter change or withdrawal of an abstract. If you are making a presenter change request, please note that individuals may present only one abstract (excluding Symposia, Hands-on Workshops and Keynote Speakers); additionally, requests should be made well in advance of the presenter pre-registration deadline of January 17, 2017.
- IADR/AADR Policy on Full Disclosure - all presenters must abide by this policy along with the IADR/AADR Abstract Licensing Policy. All speakers of oral presentations should include a slide listing any conflict of interest disclosures.
- View the Scientific Program Timeline
- View Presenter Regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions (about abstracts)
For additional information or inquiries about abstracts/meeting proposals, please contact the IADR/AADR Meetings Department at email@example.com.
- Submission of your paper carries with it the obligation for you to present your abstract at the time and in the mode indicated in your acceptance letter.
Failure to present:
- January 17, 2017 is the deadline to withdraw an abstract without penalty. Unwarranted withdrawals after this deadline may be subject to penalty. Presenters who fail to present accepted papers may not submit papers for the next annual meeting, unless acceptable explanations are provided to the IADR Global Headquarters in writing prior to the start of the meeting (DO NOT notify the session chair). Lack of institutional or grant travel funding is not an acceptable explanation.
All presenters agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Affirm that any work with human or animal subjects reported in the abstract complies with the guiding principles for experimental procedures found in the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association, and this research project has been duly cleared by my Institutional Review Board (IRB) or institutional Ethics committee or an equivalent ethical body.
- Affirm that the work has not been published or presented elsewhere prior to the meeting.
- Agree that if the abstract is accepted, IADR/AADR has permission to publish the abstract in printed and/or electronic formats.
- Agree to pre-register for the meeting and pay the appropriate registration fee by the presenter pre-registration deadline of January 17, 2017. Note: IADR membership and meeting registration are separate fees. Failure to pre-register by January 17, 2017 will result in the following:
- You will not be allowed to present and your abstract will be withdrawn from the online Scientific Program and program materials.
- The abstract will not be citable as being part of the Special Issue of the Journal of Dental Research.
- Can I make changes to my abstract text after the deadline? No. IADR/AADR does not permit modifications to abstract text after the abstract deadline under any circumstances. Due to the high volume of submissions, it is not possible to allow changes. It is very important that you submit an error free abstract text.
- If I forget to add an author, can I do so after the abstract deadline? Yes, you can still add an author if necessary by emailing the IADR Meetings Department. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission process. If you do make a mistake, please be sure to send your addition right away (no changes will be possible after December 12, 2016).
- If my abstract is accepted, will I receive my presentation mode preference (oral/poster)? You were asked to submit your presentation mode preference at the time of submission (oral, poster, poster discussion or no preference). IADR makes every attempt to provide you with your first choice, but there is no guarantee as a number of programming factors must be taken into account during the programming finalization process.
- Will IADR list my department in the Program Book? No. In general, IADR will only list the affiliation/institution of the presenting author in the Program Book due to space limitations. Please make every attempt to list your department/branch separately from your affiliation/institution record.
- Will IADR edit my abstract? No. Once you submit your abstract, it will not be edited in any way for content. Typographical or grammatical errors that appear in your abstract submission will also appear in the final online Scientific Program and in the USB of Abstracts. Abstracts may be formatted only to follow IADR publication guidelines or requirements.
- What if I don't receive my notification letter? Does this mean my abstract was not accepted? No. IADR sends abstract notification letters (acceptance and non-acceptance) to all presenting authors. Sometimes email messages can be spam-blocked or sent to bulk folders so be sure to check those places first if you did not receive a scheduled notification. It is also helpful to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender recipient list in your email settings.
- How do I know if my abstract was successfully received? You should have received a confirmation of submission email from the ScholarOne Abstracts site. This email is also available in your ScholarOne Abstracts Message Center.
|July 1, 2016||Deadline for Scientific Groups/Networks to submit meeting officials to Global Headquarters.|
|July 11, 2016||Online abstract and meeting proposal submission sites open.|
|Aug. 31, 2016||Deadline for abstract submitters to apply for the English Language Assistance Program (ELAP).|
|Sept. 19, 2016||Deadline for session proposals (symposia, hands-on workshop and lunch & learnings) from Scientific Groups/Networks.
Deadline for Scientific Groups/Networks to submit keynote speakers.
|Oct. 11, 2016||Meeting proposal notification letters emailed to organizers.(Organizers responsible for sharing decisions with their speakers).|
|Oct. 17, 2016||Deadline to submit an abstract (oral/poster).|
|Late-Oct. - December||Peer review process, program creation/scheduling, and final review by the Annual Session Committee.|
|mid-December 2016||Notification letters of status emailed to all abstract submission presenters. (Presenters responsible for sharing decisions with co-authors).|
|Jan. 17, 2017||Presenter pre-registration deadline. If a presenter is not pre-registered by the deadline date, his/her abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the program and will not be citable as part of the Special Issue of the Journal of Dental Research.
Deadline to withdraw an abstract without penalty. Unwarranted withdrawals after this deadline may be subject to penalty.
|Late January, 2017||Presentation numbers emailed to presenters.|
|Feb. 1, 2017||Non-presenter pre-registration deadline.|
|March 22-25, 2017||IADR/AADR/CADR General Session in San Francisco, California, USA.|