The American Association for Dental Research is inviting applications from investigators for a sponsored award in clinical research in periodontology. The fellowship is in memory of William B. Clark, the late Professor of Oral Biology and Director of the Periodontal Research Center at the University of Florida.
- Applicants must have completed their first professional degree.
- The applicant should be appointed at an accredited dental school or academic research center in the United States.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents of the US.
- Must be a member of the AADR.
Applicants must submit the following:
- letter stating interest in applying for the award
- 3-4-page (double-spaced) overview of proposed areas of training, including how the experience will affect future research to be conducted by the applicant
- brief description of the facility which will provide the training
- letter of support from proposed mentor
Submissions must include a plan to gain expertise in clinical research in an established laboratory. The training plan may be of 3 weeks’ to 3 months’ duration and should allow the successful applicant to learn state-of-the-art methodology related to clinical periodontal research. The applicant may also describe a research project using the methodology in the field of oral health. After the training is completed, the applicant will be expected to submit a brief report to the AADR, outlining the benefits derived from the training.
One award in the amount of $5,000 will be made. This award is intended to provide travel and other support related to training during the fellowship period.
Selection of the successful candidate will be made by the Fellowships Committee of the AADR. The fellowship recipient will be formally announced at the AADR Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
The Award is supported by a generous donation from P&G Professional Oral Health, Crest+Oral-B.
Awards, Fellowships and Grants Coordinator
View past recipients of the AADR William B. Clark Fellowship