The Friends of National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (FNIDCR) is a broad-based coalition of academic and research institutions, professional associations and foundations that champion the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR), the world’s largest institution dedicated exclusively to research to improve dental, oral and craniofacial health. With programmatic activities operated out of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), FNIDCR helps represent the interests of patients, researchers, educators, clinicians and students and the value they find in NIDCR and its critical research.
Activities of the Friends include:
- Advocating on behalf of NIDCR on Capitol Hill, including sending joint letters to and coordinating visits with members of Congress
- Liaising with and acting as a resource for the congressional Oral Health Caucus;
- Providing oral health policy and legislative analyses
- Hosting and participating in events to demonstrate the importance of NIDCR-funded research
- Championing patients through the Friends of NIDCR’s Patient Advocacy Council
Support the Friends and other important programs at AADR by becoming an AADR Institutional Section member. Contact AADR Assistant Director ofGovernment Affairs Lindsey Horan for more information.