The AADR NSRG vision is to “help dental students across the nation establish chapters and encourage participation in their respective schools, to ensure that research is seen as a vital aspect of dentistry.” Therefore, the NSRG takes pride in recognizing LSRGs for their achievements throughout the year that continue to foster awareness of research in dentistry. This award is aimed to recognize one particular SRG that has excelled in all categories of a successful SRG.
The selected SRG will be recognized at the business meeting at the AADR Annual Meeting and rewarded with a cash reward. A SRG is eligible for this award if they fit the requirements below.
The Student Research Group has:
- A biannual newsletter
- An active social networking page or web page
- 20% of its members participating in research
- Hosted or sponsored at least two events per year to promote research
- Exemplified excellence at their regional level by submitting an event summary document to their local regional representative
The outstanding SRG will be recognized and awarded $400 at the NSRG business meeting at the AADR Annual Meeting. They will also have the honor to present their SRG successes at the NSRG Faculty Advisor Breakfast.
Local Student Research Groups are encouraged to apply yearly, however previous Outstanding LSRG Chapter Award winners are only eligible to win once every four years. This restriction is to ensure other LSRGs are given the opportunity to be recognized and win this award.
All information should be carefully PROOFREAD. The information you submit will not be re-typed and will be provided to the NSRG Board exactly as you submit it.
Please include a color photo of your LSRG as an attachment to the application form. The photo should be in .jpeg, .png or .gif format.
The application deadline is November 30, 2021
- 2016 Columbia University
- 2017 Roseman University of Health Sciences
- 2018 University of Florida
- 2019 University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill and Midwestern University
- 2020 University of
California, San Francisco John C. Greene Society