The DASCR Group was founded in 2000. It is strongly related to the basic medicine fields of physiology, anatomy, pharmacology and biochemistry. We focus on research in:
- Local anesthesia: anatomy, pharmacology, and therapy.
- Sedation: general anesthesia, deep sedation, moderate and minimal sedation.
- Pain management: acute and chronic orofacial pain, orofacial cancerous pain and synalgia.
Further interests include:
- Intravenous and inhalational sedation.
- Sedation in hospital and ambulatory environments.
- Sedation for all dental procedures, including oral surgery, pediatric dentistry, and general dentistry.
- Perioperative patient management: intellectual disability, physical disability, comorbid illness/medical complexity, and dental phobia.