The purpose of this fellowship will be to support the awardee's attendance at the IADR Academy and IADR General Session & Exhibition, and then to have a research experience in a renowned research laboratory immediately before or after the IADR General Session.
The purposes of the visit are to:
Network with colleagues in in the area of the candidate´s own research.
- Develop an understanding of contemporary research environments.
- Learn new and innovative research techniques that can advance the science undertaken by Fellow on their return to their home.
- Develop shared research protocols and possible funding applications.
- Must be an IADR member.
- Must be a current Ph.D. student OR within five years post- Ph.D.
Each fellowship is $5,000 USD for travel and accommodation for visiting a research laboratory proximate to the meeting for a period of up to three weeks immediately before or after the IADR General Session. Registration for the IADR Academy and IADR General Session is included for the successful applicant.
The 2019 IADR STAR Network Academy Fellowship labs will take place in the Washington D.C. area and are to be determined.
Application requires the following:
- CV – (10 pages maximum)
- Letter of Interest
- Reference Letter from Dean/Chair of applicant’s current institution
Recipients of the IADR STAR Network Academy Fellowship will be required to submit a brief report on their experiences to IADR at the conclusion of the fellowship which may be published as part of the IADR Global Research Update, and will be reported to the IADR Board and Council on an annual basis.
Sheri S. Herren, Assistant Director of Strategic Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
View Past Recipients of the IADR STAR Network Academy Fellowship