Deadline: January 17, 2022
The Lion Dental Research Award is intended to support improvements in oral health sciences through the stimulation of junior researchers by recognition of outstanding and innovative research in basic dental science for the improvement of public dental health; and recognition of applied research achievements for improvement and development of oral care products for the prevention or oral diseases. The IADR is inviting applications from young investigators for an award from submitted abstracts. These Awards are made possible by a generous donation from the Lion Corporation, Tokyo, Japan.
The candidates must:
- hold a degree in dentistry or in a scientific discipline; and
- be a junior researcher in pursuit of a postgraduate degree; and
- be a member of IADR (in good standing at time of submission and presentation) and actively engaged in research within one of the following IADR scientific groups
- have an abstract accepted for presentation within one of the three scientific groups listed below for the General Session & Exhibition of the IADR:
b. Cariology Research; or
- A junior investigator may be nominated by his/her supervisor, program director, dean or other individual who is familiar with the nominee’s research activities.
- The nominee must have submitted an abstract for the IADR General Session & Exhibition by the abstract deadline.
- Applications must include the following data:
- Nominee’s name, address, date of birth, current place of work/study, position;
- IADR Section/Division membership (in good standing at time of submission and presentation)
- Curriculum vitae
- Relevant recommendation letter
- Copy of the abstract together with a separate and more detailed overview of the nominee’s project (2 pages, double-spaced).
Three (3) awards will be granted - one from each IADR Scientific Group. A committee set up by the IADR group reviews nominations. Recipients are notified after Committee Review which begins after the abstract deadline. Award recipients will receive a monetary award of $2,000 and a plaque. The three awards will be presented at the IADR Group Business Meetings at the IADR General Session. If selected for an award, the paper must be presented at the meeting (no presenter substitutions allowed).
Awards, Fellowships and Grants Coordinator