Symposia are important to the success of the General Session. As this is our first virtual General Session we are requesting all symposia speakers to take time to ensure they are prepared for the virtual format of the meeting. Please take time to review the below details about formatting and preparing for your presentation. Additionally, we are asking all presenters provide their slides in case of technical issues during the General Session. It is the goal to not use these slides, but in case of technical issues during the live session, these will allow IADR Global Headquarters staff to assist. They will not shared with attendees outside the live session.
All live presentations scheduled for the 2021 IADR/AADR/CADR General Session are in Eastern Daylight Time (-4 UTC). All presenters are required to present live.
- All symposium speakers are required to present live unless otherwise authorized by the IADR Global Headquarters.
To request authorization for pre-recording, individual speakers must complete the required waiver request form by June 23, 2021.
- All symposia speakers are required to register for the General Session. Access to the platform is limited to registered attendees.
- All symposia speakers are required to read and comply with the IADR Professional Conduct at Meetings Policy at the time of registration completion.
Virtual Presentation Requirements:
- Symposia speakers should log in prior to the start of the session to check in with the organizer or chair.
- Symposia speakers are required to be prepared to share their screen live to present their full PowerPoint or Keynote presentation slides during their scheduled presentation time. Symposia speakers should test their equipment before presentation day.
- IADR is requesting
symposia speakers upload the PowerPoint
slides for their presentation by July 7, 2021. This uploaded copy serves
as a backup in case of technical issues live during the Virtual Experience
only. In the case the
technical issues this will
IADR staff will be able to assist in sharing slides during
the session as you present via audio-only by computer or phone.
Symposia speakers are expected to share their screen during the
If your symposium presentation
slides change between July 7 and the final presentation time, you are free
to use the new slides
during the presentation. But IADR
be prepared to use the earlier uploaded version in case of a
Upload Your Presentation.
- Symposia speakers are required to keep their email addresses up to date. The email address that is listed on the presentation and used to register the speaker should be the same.
Content of Presentation Requirements:
- All symposia speakers are required to include a slide listing any conflict of interest disclosures. Financial disclosure includes any commercial funding you receive from a company whose product(s) you are discussing. Read the IADR/AADR Policy on Full Disclosure. If there are no conflicts of interest to report, please indicate on the slide.
- Symposia speakers should mention the sponsors of their research, if applicable, in their presentation.
virtual platform instructions and information:
Presentations will take place in the IADR Virtual Experience Platform. This platform uses Zoom for all sessions. You will need to ensure the computer you are using to present from is up to date and should test all your equipment before the day of your presentation.
- Visit https://zoom.us/start/webmeeting and create Free account if needed
- This will launch a zoom meeting where you can practice your audio, camera, and screen sharing
- We will be using the Zoom for this webinar and the same general features you see here in your free account will work with some changes noted later.
Test Your Audio
- A standalone microphone provides better quality than built-in computer mics.
- If using headphone mic, ensure it is clipped to your shirt so it does not move and bump your shirt as you move
- Visit MicTests.com to test your mic
day of presentation preparations:
Speaker Readiness Preparations for Virtual Symposia Speakers:
- Speaker resources for navigating the IADR General Session Virtual Meeting Platform will be made available in advance of the General Session.
- Slides should be in 16:9 format
- Use a font size larger than 16 points.
- Use fonts with consistently thick lines.
- Members of your audience may be color blind. For graphs, avoid using red and green together. Blue/orange is a common colorblind-friendly palette. Blue/red or blue/brown can be used as a substitute.
- Use a high color contrast for text and background of slides (such as dark text on a light background).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- My email address changed since submission. How do I update it? Please send an email to email@example.com to request an email address update on the symposia speaker record.
- Does my email address need to be the same on the presentation and on my registration? Yes. The speaker’s email address must be the same on the presentation and on their registration for the system to recognize them correctly.
- What platform will the IADR Virtual Experience take place on? The IADR has partnered with a company called Open Water to provide a robust virtual platform for attendees and speakers. Actual presentations will take using Zoom meeting systems.
- Will I be able to see attendees in my session? The Virtual Experience sessions will take place using Zoom, meaning all speakers and attendees will see all others in the session who have their cameras on. IADR encourages attendees to turn their camera on to better engage speakers.
- How will I be able to engage with people viewing my presentation? In addition to the live presentations where attendees can ask questions through Zoom chat or by raising their hand, all sessions, including symposia, will have a listing in the platform where you are able to join discussions with registered attendees commenting on the session in the unique feed. We encourage you to flag these feeds for the symposia for which you are a speaker to be alerted when there are comments.