Alexandria, VA, USA – The International Association for Dental Research (IADR) and American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research (AADOCR) have announced the publication in July 2023 of a Special Issue of Journal of Dental Research (JDR) entitled, “Aging and Oral Health.” It will feature Bei Wu, New York University, USA and Ana Paula Vieira Colombo, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil as Guest Editors.
Several articles that will be included in the issue are currently available for viewing Online First at the JDR website, including:
- Diabetes, Edentulism, and Cognitive Decline: A 12-Year Prospective Analysis
- The Emerging Role of Accelerated Cellular Senescence in Periodontitis
- International Delphi study to optimize the oral health section in interRAI
E. Schoebrechts, et el.
- Reduced Autophagy in Aged Trigeminal Neurons Causes Amyloid β Diffusion
R. Sonoda, et al.
- Chronological and Replicative Aging of CD51+/PDGFR-α+ Pulp Stromal Cells
- Impact of teeth on social participation: modified treatment policy approach
U. Cooray, et al.
- Integrating Oral Health into Primary Care – Perspectives for Older Adults
S. Nelson, et al.
The full Special Issue will cover numerous topics related to new advances in the biological mechanisms underpinning aging and the role of oral health in age-related conditions such as cognitive decline. It will also explore novel ideas for improving oral health care in the population as a means for promoting general health in older people. The issue will feature several articles not yet available for online viewing, including:
- Edentulism predicts cognitive decline in US Health and Retirement Cohort Study
J. Jones, et al.
- FoxO1/NLRP3 Inflammasome Promotes Age-Related Alveolar Bone Resorption
Z. Wang, et al.
- Nanoscale dynamics of streptococcal adhesion to AGE-modified collagen
S. Aguayo, et al.
- Sex and Age Effects on Healthy Gingival Transcriptomic Patterns
J. Ebersole, et al.
- Factors of Dental Care Utilization in Foreign-Born Older Chinese Americans
W. Mao, et al.
- Effect of tooth loss on cognitive function among older adults in Singapore
K. Sakura, et al.
- Rethinking oral health in ageing – ecosocial theory and intersectionality
L. Slack-Smith, et al.
About the Journal of Dental Research
The Journal of Dental Research (JDR) is a multidisciplinary journal dedicated to the dissemination of new knowledge in all sciences relevant to dentistry and the oral cavity and associated structures in health and disease. The JDR Editor-in-Chief is Nicholas Jakubovics, Newcastle University, England. To learn more, visit https://journals.sagepub.com/home/jdr and follow JDR on Twitter at @JDentRes.
The International Association for Dental Research (IADR) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to drive dental, oral, and craniofacial research for health and well-being worldwide. IADR represents the individual scientists, clinician-scientists, dental professionals, and students based in academic, government, non-profit and private-sector institutions who share our mission. Learn more at www.iadr.org.
The American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research (AADOCR) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to drive dental, oral, and craniofacial research to advance health and well-being. AADOCR represents the individual scientists, clinician-scientists, dental professionals, and students based in academic, government, non-profit and private-sector institutions who share our mission. AADOCR is the largest division of the International Association for Dental Research. Learn more at www.aadocr.org.