Acceptance of Terms
Intellectual Property; Limited License to Users; Trademark Information
Except as expressly provided herein, IADR and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied rights to use the materials and services. You agree not to copy, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, adapt, create derivative works based on, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, display, perform, license, sublicense, or reverse engineer the site, materials, or services, any portions of the site, materials, or services or the selection and arrangement of the site, materials, or services, except as expressly authorized herein. In addition, you agree not to use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the site, services or materials.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the site are the property of IADR or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of IADR or such third party that may own the Marks. IADR and the IADR logo are trademarks of the International Association for Dental Research.
Use of the site and services
You shall pay all costs and charges, including phone charges and telecommunications equipment costs, that you incur to access or use the site, services, and materials. You must adhere to all limitations on dissemination, usage, and reproduction of any materials that you download from the site that are subject to such limitations. You agree to use the services only to access, download, utilize, post, send or receive materials in an appropriate manner as related to the particular materials or services being accessed or used by you. As some examples of improper activities when accessing or using the site, services, or materials, you agree that you shall not:
- Collect, harvest, mine, or engage in any other activity to obtain email addresses, phone numbers, personal information, or any other information about others.
- Use or attempt to gain access to or use another's account, password, service, materials or computer systems or networks connected to any IADR server or to the site without authorization from IADR, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- Remove or falsely add to any uploaded materials any copyright, trademark, or other legal or proprietary rights notices, author attributions, or other information, such as origin or source of the material.
- Access or attempt to access any material that you are not authorized to access or materials through any means not intentionally made available through the site or services.
- Make available any files containing materials where you do not own or control, or have not received the necessary licenses to, all Intellectual Property Rights, rights of privacy and publicity, and all other rights in and to such materials.
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that visitor does not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Use any materials in any manner that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any party.
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the site, or any services, materials, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the site or any affiliated or linked sites.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any IADR account holder or to any iadr.org or affiliated email address.
- Post or otherwise submit any software, programs, or files that are harmful to or disruptive of another's equipment, software, or other property, including any corrupted files, time bombs, Trojan horses, viruses, and worms.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others, and forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the service.
- Download any materials posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, distributed, performed, or displayed in such manner.
- Disrupt, interfere with, or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the site or other affiliated or linked sites, materials, or services.
- Breach any guidelines or other codes of conduct applicable to a particular Service or materials.
- Access or use the site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any IADR server/host or the network(s) connected to any IADR server/host.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including, but not limited to, antitrust laws and securities laws.
- Post or otherwise submit any topic, name, material, or information that is child pornography, harmful to minors, defamatory, excessively violent, harassing, inappropriate, indecent, lascivious, lewd, obscene, profane, racist, unlawful, anti-competitive, or otherwise objectionable.
- Prepare, compile, use, download, or otherwise copy any site user directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof, or transmit, provide or otherwise distribute (whether or not for a fee) such directory or information to any third party.
- Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys, or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Violate the rights of IADR or any third party (including rights of privacy and publicity) or abuse, defame, harass, stalk or threaten another.
- Use any IADR domain name as a pseudonymous return email address.
- Market any goods or services for any business purpose (including advertising and making offers to buy or sell goods or services), unless specifically allowed to do so by IADR.
Restriction and Termination of Use
Waiver of Liability
IADR does not screen or censor User Submissions content made available on the site. IADR shall not be liable for any content posted on the site. User assumes all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom User comes in contact through the site. Should a dispute arise between User and another user, User hereby agrees to release IADR from all claims, demands, and damages associated with such a dispute.
IN NO EVENT SHALL IADR OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT IADR IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE CONTENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE SITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. IADR MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE, THE MATERIAL OR OTHER POSTED CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
THE SITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. IADR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IADR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, IADR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
Links to Third Party Sites
Linking on the Site
You agree not to establish a link to the site on another website without the prior written authorization of IADR. If you establish a link from any other website to the site, you agree to immediately deactivate the link upon receiving notice of objection to the link from IADR. You further agree not to "frame" or otherwise simulate the appearance of any of the pages of the site.
Spam Email and Postings
IADR may run advertisements and promotions from third parties via the site, services, or materials in any manner or mode and to any extent. Your communications, activities, relationships, and business dealings with any third parties advertising or promoting via the site, services, or materials, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, shall be solely matters between you and such third parties. You acknowledge and agree that IADR is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-IADR advertisers on the site or in connection with the services or materials.
Access from Non-US Entities
If User accesses the site from outside the United States, User does so at User's own risk. User agrees to comply with all applicable local rules and laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Copyright and Proprietary Rights
Copyright protects original works of authorship, including literary works, commercial and non-commercial works, pictorial and graphic works and other intellectual property. Works that are created and fixed in print, electronic, fax, CD-ROM, and other formats, including electronic mail, now known or developed hereafter are protected by copyright. Information received from or posted on the Internet is not free to be reproduced or transmitted to others without appropriate permission or without a license agreement from the author if your use is beyond a fair use a determined under the copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). Copyright notices are not required by law, so if you do not see a copyright notice on any item, do not assume that it is free to use or transmit to others.
The entire contents of the www.iadr.org website, including the text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, HTML code, and other "material" are copyrighted by IADR under the copyright laws of the United States. User agrees not to remove or obscure copyright notices appearing on this website. IADR grants no copyright or ownership interests to User for any of the material and proprietary information referred to herein belonging to IADR. Permission to use www.iadr.org content may be granted in special circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Please direct any request to use content to email@example.com.
User agrees not to use the name of IADR or its logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of IADR.
Questions or concerns relating to IADR's website or how IADR collects, stores, or uses your personal data?
Chief Operating OfficerEmail me