The William (Bill) Butler Fellowship was created in recognition of Dr. Butler’s many contributions to research in mineralized tissues and his prominence as a leading mentor and role model in the field. The immediate goal of this fellowship is to support researchers at the early stages of their scientific careers.
The long term objective of this fellowship is to increase the representation of mineralized tissue researchers at the higher ranks in science and academia and who will serve as the future mentors in this field.
This Fellowship is supported by generous donations from individuals and companies which created the endowment.
Jul 11, 2022
Oct 10, 2022
- Be a member of AADOCR
- be within 10 years of their last professional degree
- demonstrate commitment to a research career in mineralized tissues and oral biology as well as academic promise, which is evaluated based on the candidate’s CV , project and the support demonstrated in the supervisor/department head letter
- hold a DDS/DMD and/or PhD, or equivalent advanced degree
- hold an appointment at the post-doctoral, instructor, assistant professor level or equivalent at a research/academic institution
- emphasis will be placed on applicants in the fields of Mineralized Tissues, and Clinical Research, but candidates pursuing careers in other areas of the Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research spectrum are encouraged to apply
This fellowship is designed to support the academic and scientific development of mineralized tissue researchers towards an independent research career. Recipients will receive up to $8,000 that must be put towards their post-doctoral research, establishment of their laboratories, the completion of a research project or preparing research for publication or grant submission. As part of the terms of the fellowship, the award recipient must submit a report within 12 months of receipt of the award which describes the results of the progress achieved as a result of the fellowship.
This Fellowship is supported by generous donations from individuals which created the endowment.
Questions about this award?
Awards, Fellowships and Grants CoordinatorEmail me