A message from IADR Past President Paula Moynihan
U.S. Funding Opportunities
Current list of research funding opportunities available to dental, oral, and craniofacial scientists for COVID-19 related studies.
NOT-DE-21-001: Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): NIDCR Support for Research on the Physiological Involvement of Oral Cavity in Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Submissions may be made utilizing one of the following funding opportunity announcements: PA-20-185 or PA-20-195 throughout the expiration of this notice.
- Application due dates: October 5, 2022, February 5, 2023, and May 8, 2023 by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization.
NOT-DE-20-024: Notice of Additional Receipt Dates for PAR-20-073 National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Infrastructure Access (X01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- This notice adds two receipt dates for the PBRN X01 PAR to align with the NOT-DE-20-022 dates.
- Application due dates: September 1, 2022 by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization.
AADOCR COVID Webinar Series
Hear from leading scientists in dental, oral, craniofacial research on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on oral health and research. Missed a COVID-19 webinar?
- AADOCR COVID-19 WebEx with NIDCR for Research Deans and Deans (April 13, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Oral Health: Impacts on Care and Early Insights to Pathogenesis (July 22, 2020)
- COVID-19 Research Questions and Our Practice From the Wuhan Experience (July 29, 2020)
- The Scientific Basis for Delivering Oral Health Care During COVID-19 (August 5, 2020)
- Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Research in the COVID Era (August 12, 2020)
Useful resources and guidance for the biomedical workforce within dental, oral, and craniofacial research and dentistry.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- CDC Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19 Health Literacy Project
- GC Safe 4 Dentistry
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Webinars
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Training for COVID-19 workers to protect their own health
- Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
- Oral Health Workforce Research Center: COVID-19 Impacts on the Dental Care System
- Virtual Activities for trainees outside of the NIH
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- U.S. HHS Guidance on Human Subjects Related to Covid-19
- U.S. OSHA COVID-19 Resource page
- U.S. OSHA Guidance for Dentistry Workers and Employers
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Health Organization: Considerations for the provision of essential oral health services in the context of COVID-19
Through IADR/AADOCR’s commercial publisher, all Journal of Dental Research and JDR Clinical & Translational Research COVID-19 related articles will be made freely available on the SAGE Publishing Coronavirus (COVID-19) Research microsite.
The SAGE Publishing Coronavirus (COVID-19) Research microsite highlights both social and behavioral sciences and medical sciences research on COVID-19 and more broadly on managing pandemics. This collection includes the latest medical research from SAGE related to the virus as well as top social and behavioral research to help individuals, communities, and leaders make the best decisions on dealing with the outbreak and its consequences. Included in the collection is the recently published “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Emerging and Future Challenges for Dental and Oral Medicine” by Meng, Hue, and Bian of Wuhan University. SAGE Publishing has also signed and committed to the Wellcome coordinated statement on Sharing research data and findings relevant to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.